I am finally writing about our Mexican Vacation, so reader beware...lots of pictures and it may be long...
We left for Cancun on Thanksgiving morning and it looked like the flight was going to be great until...take-off. Little Miss Quinn decided to be "that baby" on the plane and about halfway to Cancun, the flight attendants were telling the other passengers that they were out of Bloody Mary mix. Could that be because people were trying to "drown" out the sound of my fussy baby girl? Ugh...
When we landed, we were excited until...we realize that there was no one at the airport to take us to our resort. What?!? We had all of that pre-arranged through Travelocity, but I guess something went wrong, so we had to cab it to the resort. Deep breath in...and exhale...
Then we arrived to Dreams Riviera Cancun resort. It was beautiful. We were welcomed with champagne (for us), fresh fruit juice (for the girls) and warm cookies. Love that. Let the vacation begin!
First stop for our girls...lunch! We had a quick lunch at the buffet restaurant (since it was already almost 2pm) and Mia, Chloe and Quinnie loved their chocolate ice cream...
the infinity pool with the swim-up bar...Mia and Chloe thought that was super cool too, "They have chairs in the water Mommy!"
It looked like the pool became the ocean...beautiful.
Chloe-the trapeze artist (that is an inflatable "iceberg" climbing wall in the ocean behind her---the girls were bummed because you had to be 9 years old to go on it...)
There was a great playset on the beach that the kids LOVED!
The food was delicious---I think I may have eaten my weight in shrimp cocktail as well as chips and guacamole!
The giant vat of paella everyday by the pool...paella is not my favorite, but there was always a huge line for it and I seriously have never seen a pan (wok?) that large!
I loved the HUGE kiddie pool. It went from where I am sitting with Quinnie (above) all the way to the thatched-roof restaurant in the distance! They even had a ping-pong table in one part of it!
The swing bar on the beach...all the seats were wooden swings (hence the name :) )
It was right next to the playset...
There's nothing like beach babies...
We named this child o' mine "Quinnzilla" for the first part of the trip. We think she may have been mad at us for taking her out of her home environment??? Who knows? But she was a little terror for a couple of days. These pictures are from Kevin's and Quinnzilla's DAILY 5am morning walk because she was waking at 4:45am! I guess she just wanted to see that beautiful Mexican sunrise~
Then she finally chilled out once she realized we weren't going home anytime soon...we called her by her real name after that :)
I loved seeing my "little fish"---these girls SLEPT WELL every night!
Don't children smile and laugh more at the beach???
I had to share this one...where did they learn to "pose" like this??? Hilarious...
This is me doing laundry "old-school"---how do you pack for 10 days without being able to wash clothes? I don't think I would have lasted as a homemaker 100 years ago!
We did have one little debacle. On Tuesday of our trip we noticed a chip in the tile on the floor of our room. Of course, it was a magnet for Quinnie...at one point she had some tile chips in her mouth. We called the front desk and Kevin asked them to not repair it while Quinnlan was napping. Well, they did repair it while she was napping and it was repaired with this super strong smelling solvent/glue. Kevin said that it was the type of glue that in the US, they would give it a couple of weeks to air out. So...Kevin got us moved to another room that was even nicer (yay!)...but since we (I) was so mad that we (I) had to spend the majority of a vacation day packing up one room and unpacking into another room, they asked us if there was anything else they could do to make up for the hassle and all I could think of was LAUNDRY! So, they did all of our laundry for us for free (it probably would have cost $200 or more to have all of those clothes laundered---which was why I was washing them in the bathtub before!).
Our new room had a jacuzzi tub on the balcony---it made bathtime fun for the girls!
Another favorite of mine and our girls was The Explorer's Club. It was so much fun for them and it gave us a chance to have quiet grown-up pool/beach time! They had arts and crafts, a pyramid climbing wall, games, pool games in the kiddie pool, sand castle building contests, movies on the beach, ice cream eating contests, water balloon fights, etc...
With the weather being so cold right now, I just keep remembering parts of our trip and it just makes me smile...and warms me up a little bit...


No comments:
Post a Comment