Thursday, December 2, 2010

A Gingerbread Village...really...

Kevin might be the most fun dad on the planet. He is always cooking up fun things to do with his gaggle of girlies.

(For instance, tonight he spent a half hour having a tea party with Quinnie and her new tea set from Santa.)

A few weeks ago, Kevin decided that he wanted to build not a gingerbread house, but a gingerbread village with our girls. I quickly told him that this was "his thing"...because if it was up to me, I'd go to Target and buy the boxed kit. He agreed and started making plans. He asked the girls to draw up some blueprints:


Then they began making the gingerbread pieces---walls, roofs, etc. Everyone was very "helpful" in this part of the process (smile):


we had to strip Quinn down to her diaper for this kind of job!

some of the walls

"Is it ready yet?"

look what we found in Day 4 of our Advent calendar box---a little gift from Quinnlan---gingerbread dough

A few days later, I got Quinnlan the Destroyer out of the house so Daddy, Mia and Chloe could start the assembling and decorating...wow...pictures can only describe the mess/chaos/fun that was had by all:


I am in love with this fabulous father, and they sure are too!

No comments:

statcounter

My Blog List