Well, I have had relatively no bleeding since my big scare a couple of weeks ago, which is an answer to prayer. I had my perinatal appointment last Tuesday to have the 1st trimester Nuchal Translucency tests done. This is the test where they measure the folds in the baby's neck to test for the odds of my having a baby with Downs Syndrome or Trisomy 18. Because of my age, my odds are higher, obviously. But when I had the ultrasound (which they pair with bloodwork) everything looked great. (I received the official news today that our baby passed with flying colors!) My OB wanted them to get a good look at the "bleed" area to see how it has progressed and with the high tech ultrasound machine, we had a really good look at it. I told the ultrasound tech that the area looked like a second sac (having seen an extra sac with my twins as well as the extra sac that I had with Quinn's pregnancy, I knew what it looked like). She said it looked that way to her too, but she'd have the doctor come in and have a look. The doctor agreed, that yes, it looks like an extra sac where nothing developed in it and when I told her this is the 2nd pregnancy in a row where this has happened, she said this was odd and that I must be a powerful ovulator! Well, I guess so! Almost 3 sets of twins??? Oh my... I guess we would have stopped at 2 sets, though :)
I am just so thankful that everything is going well and that I am finally beginning to feel better than I have over the past 2 months or so!

1 comment:
Maybe they should tie double knots in your tubes, just to be sure. ;-)
So glad you're feeling better!
Post a Comment