So...we went about our day as usual.
That night as we all slept, I heard something in the hallway and saw that somebody had turned on the hall light. I quietly called out, "Mia? Chloe?"
No answer.
So, I called louder, "GIRLS?"
That's when I heard Mia crying. So, I jump up and go to her in her room and she is sitting on her bed crying saying that something is in her bathroom. I lean my head into the hallway and I hear a rustling sound coming from the hall bath. I call to Kevin to come and investigate (I am a C-H-I-C-K-E-N, by the way).
I crawled into bed with Mia as Kevin went to check it all out. Then Kevin says words I didn't want to hear:
"Greer, nobody move...the bat is in the trash can."
Don't worry, I am not moving an inch.
He goes and gets a big book of scrapbook paper to put over the top of the trash can to "trap" it. Then we go downstairs and I open the front door as he tosses the can into the front yard.
At first, nothing comes out, but after Kevin gives the can a little nudge, the bat flies out and into the nighttime sky.
Who knows how long it had been in the girls' bathroom or in that trash can. Or, if it had just been watching us unsuspecting humans go about our typical Saturday from somewhere in the house. I had even given all 3 girls a bath earlier before bed and as I went to sleep, I just kept thinking: what if I had thrown something into the trash can and it had flown out at me...I would have gone into labor right then and there.
Good riddance...

2 comments:
oh my stars. I think I would have died. just. died.
Laughing out loud! Just had to read the entire bat saga to Robby...unbelievable. I would have crapped my pants!!!!! and possibly never slept again! Oh who am I kidding? I FALL in bed at night! Can we see some pregnant belly pics???
Post a Comment