I loved every second...
It was so nice to wake up (my internal clock still gets me up at 7am) and have my coffee in silence on the porch enjoying this amazing view:
After breakfast, I even enjoyed a mid-morning nap...awesome.
We went and had a great lunch on the Nantahala River at the NOC. The weather was GORGEOUS and even a little cool!
When we returned to the cabin, we went on a hike (straight up hill, by the way) to come to a clearing and find this great spot:
And another beautiful view:
After dinner, Kevin got the fire pit going (his favorite) and we settled in for another quiet night.
I felt a little geriatric going to bed at 10:30 when I was on vacation, but Kevin reminded that I am making a human...so true.
We caught some flack for not being around on Mother's Day, but I loved when Mia said, "We love Mother's Day, Mommy! We get to spend the weekend with Nana and Grammie!" I guess that's what they've gotten used to with our anniversary always falling on that weekend :)

1 comment:
So glad you had a great get-away! You deserve every minute! love you guys!
Post a Comment