"...I just won the lottery!"
or
"...pack your bags, we're going to Hawaii!"
No, it is usually the precursor phrase to some words that make you want to...freak out.
These are the very words Kevin said to me in the middle of the night last night. But, for me, they ended with:
"...there is a bat in our bedroom."
WHAT!?!?!?!
OK, now, I'm wide awake.
This is all I can picture:
freaked out yet?!?
Action #1: pull the covers over my head (I did not want a bat in my hair or landing on my face!) while I keep asking Kevin what he is going to do to get it to fly back out the window.
Action #2: Kevin turns on the light (meanwhile, I am still under the covers...yes I am a scaredy-cat)---Don't get me wrong, I am all about wildlife...as long as it stays in the wild!
Action #3: Kevin goes to the window and opens the blinds (we had the window wide open, but the blinds were closed) and climbs back in bed and turns out the light and says, "one more reason we need screens"...why yes, babe, I couldn't agree more.
Action #4: Claustrophobic pregnant lady has to poke her head out from the covers to breathe.
Action #5: We wait...and wait...and wait.
Action #6: I am wide-eyed and trying to watch to see if my night vision might kick in to see our little friend fly across the room and out the window. Finally I ask Kevin if he can see anything and...he has fallen asleep!
Action #7: I wake him up and he is no longer worried but is probably irritated that I've woken him up. He even says if I'm quiet, I can maybe hear the clicking of the bat as it is echo-locating...huh??? I can't hear anything. Maybe this is a ploy to get me to be quiet and possibly fall asleep.
Action #8: I guess it works because next thing I know it is morning and I hear my big girls playing Littlest Pet Shop in their bedroom and Quinnie "talking" in her room.
I was all about being first one up and out of our room this morning...just in case Mr. Bat was still in there!


1 comment:
LOL!!!! I would've hidden under the covers, too.
So?!? Did the bat fly away?
Post a Comment