Yes, we are officially a family of 6!
On August 10, we headed to Piedmont Hospital for my scheduled c-section...honestly, I never thought I'd make it to this day. I was SURE I was having this baby early. That was not in the cards...so, off we went, bags packed and ready to meet our new son or daughter!
Everything was moving along smoothly as the nurses and doctors prepped me for surgery. They called for Kevin to come in the OR once they were ready to begin. I was very anxious to finally hear Kevin announce the sex of our baby. Well, the doctors said, "Stand up, Dad, to see your baby being born!" and he stood and we waited...and they tugged and pulled...and we waited some more...more tugging...where is the baby??? At one point, I wondered if the doctor was on top of me trying to get our baby out. They said the baby kept "floating" away from the incision, so they had to use forceps to grab hold of her sweet head! Then Kevin said, "It's a baby GIRL!" I started bawling...out of relief for a healthy delivery and I was thrilled to complete our family with 4 daughters. How precious. And, she has beautiful red hair! I couldn't believe it! I think I always secretly wanted a red-headed baby...who knew?!?
check out the red hair!
Mary Britton Dierkes: 7lb. 3oz., 19 3/4in. born at 1:31pm on August 10, 2010
Proud Parents
First Kiss
I'm in LOVE
As I've told Kevin many times, he was meant to be a father to daughters---what an enormous responsibility to teach our girls what a strong man/husband/father looks like. And after reading the amazing book, "Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters", I am so glad that Kevin is the father to our girls. He is so great with them and they seriously ADORE him.
Proud Papa
Here are some pics of our sweet Mary Britton and her very own Birthday Week :)
Grandaddy
Nana
Grammie
Mia and Chloe finally meeting Mary Britton
Mary Britton's favorite cuddle position
Mary Britton wearing the same Coming Home outfit as her older sisters wore home from the hospital
Going Home
Quinnie FINALLY meeting her baby sister---so proud

6 comments:
Greer...she is gorgeous! I love Eli's reddish auburn hair too. I am so happy for you guys! <3
So precious!! Hug and kiss her for me! xoxo
Congratulations! I peek @ your blog from time to time, connecting from Mary's blog.
My husband Scott read "Strong Fathers Strong Daughters" when we found out we were having a girl, our Jenna Skye. He loved the book and has given it as a gift to other dad's who have daughters.
Oh, and P.S., how beautiful are all your girls. What a lovely family. God bless y'all.
precious!
what a fun life you are going to have as they get older --
sisters are awesome.
xo
HH
Oh, Greer!! She is just absolutely angelic!! I LOVE her red hair. My mom is a red-head, and I always hoped i would have a baby with red hair. So gorgeous!
God bless your sweet famil. You and Kevin are blessed beyond meaure! :)
Jill
Greer, She's gorgeous! I loved getting to know her on Sunday!!!!!! What a dumplin'! *mwoa*
Post a Comment