I came home from the hospital and was met by my parents and Mia, Chloe and Quinnlan. The big girls were saying for me to hurry upstairs to see our closet. I assumed that Kevin had moved our dresser to our closet, which was something I had wanted done as a part of my "Nesting List." So, we go upstairs and my jaw dropped as I walked into our bedroom. This is what I saw:
I had wanted to paint our bedroom since we moved to this house 4 years ago. I would have painted it myself, but I am a horrible painter, and not only did the walls need painting, the ceiling also needed painting---I was not up for tackling that task! Our walls were a dark brown (which I know is very "in" right now, but because of where our room is in the house, it doesn't get a lot of light and not only were the walls brown, the ceiling was also brown, so it literally felt like a cave.) when I went into the hospital. Kevin had painted them a soft Latte color while I was gone. What a difference it made! We had bought a new bed frame and mattress this summer, so we were on our way to making our room a place that I enjoyed being in.
Isn't it funny how we can create the cutest rooms for our children and completely neglect our own personal space in the home??? That is how things had worked in our house.
So, not only did he paint the walls and ceiling, he also bought new nightstands, lamps and curtains. It looked amazing.
Then he said to turn and look on the wall opposite our bed (where the dresser used to be) and this is what I saw:
Holy Moly...he had installed the shelf, TV and DVD player all without any help! I was in shock.
Then the girls said to look in the closet and I saw that not only did he put the dresser in there, he had completely made it like a mini-kitchen for me! There was a mini-fridge stocked with waters and Vitamin Waters, a single cup Keurig coffee maker, and a basket of snacks!
looking into the closet
The Keurig and basket of K-Cups (even mugs!)
Snacks for the nursing Momma
Now, unfortunately, I never want to leave my new room!
I know we still have some more to add (pictures, rugs, etc), but it really is like my little haven within my chaotic house right now and I am so thankful for the Extreme Makeover!
He thought of everything...I love this man.

3 comments:
first of all..congratulations!! thrilled for you guys!
secondly...i have tears in my eyes reading this. this is the sweetest thing ever!! i love a man who listens to his woman and THEN some! :) i am so happy for you...you deserve all the best that God has for you.
loving the latte,
Jill
Greer - it's so perfect and so well deserved!! Glad that Kev continues to inspire. What a good man you have.
Good pushing, sista! ;))
xoxo
Beautiful. I love this story and shared it with a few girlfriends who were all so touched by Kevin's creativity.
I also got a tip for the marker incident. Rubbing alcohol. Apparently it has happened to one of my girlfriends friends too. You are not alone.
Post a Comment