Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tick Tock...

Does it ever feel like time is literally creeping by???

Maybe it's because we didn't find out the sex of our baby that is adding to the anticipation, or maybe it's just this heat, but I feel like these last couple of weeks being pregnant have gone so slowly! God just has to be sitting back and watching and laughing and shaking His head looking down at me as I clean and re-clean my house each time I walk out the door "just in case" I go into labor while I'm out and about. He's probably thinking...maybe now she'll learn some patience??? I promise, I'm working on it, but it is not easy!

I've had a couple of nights where I was sure that I was going to have the baby (one night being this past Sunday) because I was awakened so many times in the night with the super-tightness in my belly. I called the nurse advice line at my OB's office Monday morning to ask about any "sure-fire" symptoms to look for to know when to call the doctor (I've never gone into true labor at home---with Mia and Chloe, my water broke---definitely a sign of labor, and with Quinn, I went into labor at the hospital when they were doing a non-stress test on the baby because she hadn't been active that day). They asked me to come in to do the same non-stress test to see if anything was going on. So, Kevin goes with me, we ask our future sister-in-law to come and stay with our girls and we head to the doctor's office. They hooked me up to the fetal monitor and we watched and waited. Nothing...except for the baby rolling around in there. What a disappointment.

I was pretty bummed.

And the funny thing is that I am only 38 weeks!

I have friends (Jennifer) that didn't have their baby until 41 weeks! I don't think I'd make it that long and still be sane...but I guess people do it all the time.

I think that in my mind---and let me remind you of my lack of a medical degree, I feel like my gestation time is shorter than everyone else's (haha) because I had my twins early (obviously) and because Quinnie came along almost 2 weeks early. Sounds scientific, right?

I was able to move my c-section date up a few days to August 10th, so that is good news. The 14th seemed like an eternity away and now I feel like I have a light at the end of the tunnel...Tuesday cannot come quick enough for this Large Marge.

To further explain my placenta-derived craziness, I have even tried to opposite jinx myself into having the baby. I kept feeling like because I was so ready to have the baby (having a clean house, infant car seat loaded in the car, nesting all done, etc) the baby was not coming. So, since I am helping to host a couples shower for my brother-in-law and his fiance this weekend, which I honestly thought I'd never make it to because I'd be giving birth, I even bought a new maternity top to wear (not that I feel like EVER looking at maternity clothes again!). That made sense in my head yesterday when I thought of it, but now that I'm writing it out...it is complete nonsense.

Oh well...

So, basically we are in the waiting game and I am ready for this game to be OVER and to hold my new baby boy or baby girl!

You know who wins the Patience Award??? My sweet hubby. He has been such a champ dealing with me and my neuroses, so thanks Kev. Love you!

2 comments:

Cstargel said...

Had coffee with sheli last night and was just asking about you! So glad it's moved up to the 10th! Can't wait to hear of this little one's arrival! Hang in there!

Paige said...

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE have Kevin or your mom or SOMEBODY post some pictures on fb or here or just email some to us when our sweet neice or nephew arrives!!!

Love you! Hope and pray all goes smoothly. xoxo

statcounter

My Blog List