You know that Cat Stevens song, "Can't Keep It In"? Lately, when I am with Mia, I sing it in my head...and sometimes aloud, too. I have never met a child like her! One way to describe Mia is Full of Life. She is completely unafraid to show her emotions about anything and everything. The thing that she has begun doing over the past few months that just cracks me up is that she will just "woo-hoo" about anything:
Me: "Hey Mia, wanna go with me to get the mail?"
Mia: "Woo-hoo! Sure!" (as she runs out the door)
or
Me: "OK, girls, let's get ready for bed"
Mia: "Woo-hoo! Let's go!" (as she is bounding up the stairs)
or
Me: "Girls, why don't you go out back and play for a bit"
Mia: "OK, let's go, Chloe! Woo-hoo!" (as she is running down the back steps)
Cracks. Me. Up.
Can I please have some of that energy and enthusiasm for life???
She definitely can swing the other way, as well, don't get me wrong...because when she gets upset about something or gets her feelings hurt, she can all-out bawl her head off to the point where I've told her to "serve" her time-out in the bathroom in case she decides to throw up. You might say she has a tough time calming down once she gets in trouble and really gets going. The other day she sat in time-out for 30 minutes because I told her she could come out as soon as she was quiet for 30 seconds straight with no crying. It took awhile...
Good thing those moments don't happen too terribly often :)
Oh, I can't keep it in. I can't keep it in, I've gotta let it out. I've gotta show the world, world's gotta see, see all the love, the love that's in me...



1 comment:
Greer,
I love this post. It totally captures Mia and her zest for life. Love that kid.
You done somethin' right friend because you have three girls who are as beautiful on the inside as they are on the outside...Just like their mama!
Post a Comment