Me: Why don't you like school?
Chloe: I just don't.
Me: Well, is it your teacher? Is she nice?
Chloe: yes, she's nice, it's not her.
Me: Are there kids that are not being nice to you?
Chloe: No. It's not that.
Me: What is it? Why don't you like school?
Chloe: Because I am away from you for over 6 hours everyday (and she begins to cry)
...and my heart sinks.
What do I do? If she were on the state's schedule, she'd be in kindergarten and mandated to go, but since she and Mia are August birthdays, I decided to keep them in Pre-K for a 2nd year.
I don't think it helped to have her home sick with me for 6 days straight either.
So, I told her that there is no option here. She has to go to school.
Everyday.
And it breaks my heart to say it, but that is growing up, right?
I even tried to perk her up by telling her and Mia that we had some graham crackers (stale) that I found in the pantry that they could have as a snack when we got home if they said, "I LOVE SCHOOL!"
Here's how that went:
Mia: I LOVE SCHOOL!
Chloe: I love you, Mommy.
(sigh)


3 comments:
so so sweet... you probably need to print this and save it for a day when she's a teenager! :)
Greer, that was so sweet, and sad at the same time. :( What precious angels you have.
I went through the same thing with Brandon. He HATED being away from me for so long. It's so hard! He said he missed me. My heart broke many times at the beginning of kindergarten when I had to physically put him on the bus as he cried. But I stuck to my guns (even though I really wanted to drive him myself, just to make him feel better, but then he'd NEVER want to ride the bus!)and soon (2 weeks)there was no more crying.
Sometimes it's so hard to know what's going on in their little heads! I'll pray for Chloe.
Love yall!
Paige
Post a Comment