Thursday, October 8, 2009

What a Week!

Chloe has been home with me everyday so far this week. She was super sick on Monday and through Monday night...just pitiful, moaning and groaning while she slept with her 103.2 fever. I took her in to see a new doctor on Tuesday and she said it looked like the swine flu because of her horrible cough and fever and stomach pains (even though the flu test came back negative---she said that if it comes back negative, it is only 50% accurate). She also was diagnosed with strep (again) and was wheezing in her right lung. Poor baby. When Chloe gets sick, she doesn't mess around!

Mia never ran a fever, but just had this yucky cough, so the doctor said she could return to school yesterday (Wednesday), but then this morning, she is coughing like crazy and said that her neck hurt (throat?) and so after a trip to the doctor again today, she also has strep. I guess that's part of being twins and being in such close contact day in and day out.

The doctor thinks that maybe one of them is a carrier of strep since they have had it so many times. So, we will have another culture run after they both finish their antibiotic to see if it shows up positive even when they are well. Fun fun...

Oh, and we can't forget Miss Quinnie. She just has a pretty crummy cold. No strep, though---hooray!

I did forget to write about Quinnlan's big fall that she had a week or so ago---she was walking under the table (shocker) and she fell and hit her little mouth on the edge of the chair and her tooth went through her bottom lip---yes, all the way through. We rushed her to Scottish Rite and thank the Lord they did not have to use stitches. They did have to irrigate it, though, and that was not fun at all. Now you can barely see where she did it at all!
see the mark under her lip on the left side of the pic

Kevin is feeling under the weather too and came home from work yesterday wanting to just crawl into bed, but being the sweet wife that I am, I made him go to dinner with me because I HAD TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! (Our sitter, Maggie, said she didn't mind that Chloe and Quinn had a little fever--thank goodness!) Our datenight was the light at the end of my tunnel this week and I think I really might have started crying if Kevin had said that he didn't want to go. We did go and have a quick datenight over some good miso soup at the local Japanese restaurant that I know made us both feel good :)

So, I guess they will ALL be home again tomorrow and since they have no school on Monday (workday), it has really felt like a LOOOOONG week.

Is it next Tuesday yet???

2 comments:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Geez!! Y'all need a break, eh?! Hope everyone gets to feeling better real soon.
Love you!!
<3

Rebekah said...

What a week, Momma!? Now, let's say it all together- repeat after me:

"U-N-C-L-E!!!"

XOXO!

Love you Greer!

statcounter

My Blog List