Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day










Yesterday was a great day to celebrate the Dad's in my life...we went to church as a family (the 1st time I've been in almost a month because of being out of town for 2 weekends and having a sick baby last weekend...I missed it!  It was so good to be back...great worship music and great sermon on taking correction and not being "stupid"---check it out on buckheadchurch.org)

After church, we had lunch with my Dad...my Dad is the greatest.  He is so kind and he is incredible with my girls.  They love playing with him and climbing all over him.  

Yesterday afternoon Kevin's Dad and family came over for dinner.  Shannon had sinus surgery on Friday, so she wasn't able to make it and Ryan is in the islands for a wedding (poor thing), so he missed it too.  We had a really good time and I love seeing Mia and Chloe jump all over their Papa Doc.  They have so much fun together.  

Needless to say, with all of our Dad's so close, the youngest Daddy if the group can get "lost in the shuffle" of celebrating everyone else---the same thing always seems to happen at Mother's Day too---so we usually celebrate Kevin (and myself at Mother's Day) on a different day other than the actual holiday.  We are planning a camping trip this weekend for Kevin's Father's Day.  Wish us luck...whether we bring the baby or not is still up in the air.  I know she (and we) will sleep better if she stays home with a Grandma, but I really don't feel like pumping the whole weekend.  We'll see...
If you want to know a few of the reasons I love Kevin and think he is amazing (as a Daddy and Hubby) check out the posts labeled Day, 1, 2, etc... from the end of April and beginning of May for our 10 year anniversary.  

No comments:

statcounter

My Blog List