Monday, June 15, 2009

Make the drive to Scottish Rite

After being up with Quinnlan last night with her fever at 102.9, we decided to make a visit to see Dr. Jan this morning.  Quinnlan has strep AGAIN!  When Jan came in and told me, I began crying in the doctor's office.  I am so frustrated!  Just to vent for a minute...the ER docs felt NO need to run ANY tests Friday night?!?!?!...if they had run a simple throat culture then (when I told them that she has already had strep twice since April 26th), she could have started antibiotics that night and been feeling better by yesterday!  Poor baby has had to deal with this fever and feeling horrible all weekend, not to mention how it has affected everyone else in the house (namely me, Nurse Betty).  Children, and especially babies, don't have a voice to complain.  That is what breaks my heart.  Jan said her throat looked "terrible"...was there NO sign of this on Friday night?  UGH...

This is the 2nd time we have had an issue with Egleston.  When we went in April for the same high fever, they said her throat was red, but "babies rarely get strep" so they decided to do a urinalysis instead (catheter and all)...even when I told them then that both her older sisters had had strep in the past week.  Of course, the urinalysis came back fine and they sent us home and said check with my pediatrician the next day if she still had the fever.  She immediately did a throat culture then and it was her first case of strep throat.  So, this is the 2nd time I have had less than stellar care at that ER.  If this has happened to me twice, how many other children has this happened to???  OK enough venting, but I had to get it off my chest...

My advice to all parents:  Make the drive to Scottish Rite.  

1 comment:

Maggie Robert said...

I hope that Quinn is feeling better. I wanted to let you know that I also have a blogspot as well. It is tylercurry.blogspot.com check it out when you get a minute. Hope that you are all doing better. We need to get together soon. Quinn has gotten so big I can't believe she is 9 months already. Take care

statcounter

My Blog List