Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Last day blues...



I feel like a completely different person since my last post.  I have no idea what kind of flu I had, but it really kicked my tail.  Maybe it was the Swine Flu?  Who knows, but I am almost 100% and now little Miss Quinnlan is feeling a little under the weather but I think she may be on her way to recovery as well.  She slept really well last night and had 2 good naps today.  The past couple of days have been rough for her...poor thing.  She is happy as a lark though!  I saw an interview with Billy Ray Cyrus and Miley Cyrus where he was asked where the name, Miley, came from and he said that she smiled all the time as a baby and they called her Smiley and then it was somehow shortened to Miley.  This baby could be called Miley...she is the smiliest baby (is that a word?) I've ever met!  Maybe she'll be a mega-Disney star one day :)



So, it is last day at the beach...boohoo.  I'd stay for a month if I could.  This condo is where Kevin's grandparents retired and since their death, Kevin's mom and Aunt share it.  I am so thankful when I get to "tag-a-long" with Kevin's mom and come down for Spring Break or in the summer.  Every other year we have a family vacation with Kevin's family and this year we rented the condo next door to "Gram's place" and when everyone went home last Saturday, the girls and I stayed for a few extra days with Sheila.  It has been great.  Mia and Chloe are little fish in the pool!  Chloe had no desire before this week to put her head under or swim without her water wings, but one day we forgot them upstairs when we went to the pool and she started jumping in and going under by herself then she started swimming with her head under water!  It has been amazing to see how big they are from one year ago!  The part I will miss the most is the gorgeous gulf sunset each evening.  It just doesn't get any better than feeding Quinn and putting her to bed and sitting on the porch and watching Mia and Chloe running around by the water as the sun dips below the horizon.

We are planning on heading home tomorrow afternoon and driving halfway to Valdosta and then driving the rest of the way on Thursday morning.  It breaks up the drive and makes it easier on Little Miss Q especially.  

Here are some more pics from the week:

view from the porch


Chloe waiting on the sunset

Mia loves building sand castles

3 comments:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

oh, greer! what beautiful pictures and rest for the soul!! i'm so glad you've been able to have a long reprieve at the beach. you deserve it, love!
thanks for connecting with me last night. i could have talked to you for another hour - easy!!
love you so,
me

Rebekah said...

Oh Greer! What is better than pure blissful beach days!! Your sweet daughters are just gorgeous!!

I am so glad you are feeling better pretty momma!

Love and more love!
Bek

Cstargel said...

I had no idea you had a blog!!! Found it while blog hopping from Heather's blog!!! Hope you are doing well! Sweet Quinnlan (sp?) is growing so fast! Last time I saw you was at Cole's party and we hadn't had our little one yet but we had a girl - annie - check out my blog and you can see pics! Hope you are doing well!

statcounter

My Blog List