
I have never met a child that has more self esteem than my Mia. When I drop her off at school or the gym, she is off and playing before I can even say goodbye. One time we went to eat at Saba by Emory and she and Chloe were asking about the buildings down there and I told her that it was a school you could go to if you wanted to be a doctor like Dr. Jan (their pediatrician). Chloe said, "I want to go to college there so I can be a doctor when I grow up." Then Mia pipes up and says, "I'm not going to college because when I grow up, I'm going to be Barbie Island Princess." Typical...
She definitely has her "moments" where she can be bossy with Chloe and it has pretty much always been that way. She is the typical first born child, even though it was only by 2 minutes. I crack up at least a couple times a day at the things that she says or does. She is very in to being the princess/Mommy/pet owner/"one in charge", etc. when she and Chloe (or other kids) play. I finally told Chloe that it is her turn to be the princess. She does not always have to be the prince/daughter/cat etc. She goes on to tell me that she is fine with being the prince. I told her to step up and be the leader and not the follower and she is telling me that she wants to be the follower, that she wants to do what other people want her to do...NO! What do I do? She is on her way to being a total people-pleaser...I am that way in certain situations and it is not the best way to be. It has taken me a good 34 years to stand up to things (usually) when I don't want to go along with whatever. I mean, I am no doormat, but I definitely tend to be quiet to other people's "squeaky wheels." So, when I see this in Chloe, I want to change it immediately. How can 2 children (twins even!) be so different personality-wise? To her credit, she does "fight back" when something really bothers her, though.
Chloe is the most by-the-book child. She only sees black and white. She asks permission for EVERYTHING. It is great, but can be tiring, especially when she asks the same thing twice or 3 times because she thinks I'm not listening and she may get in trouble for doing something when I said yes, but wasn't paying attention. That one can drive me bananas. She is my little Mother Hen and I have a feeling that these character traits in both girls will help them as they get older. I think that being separated in different classes in elementary school will be tough at first, but I think it will give Chloe a chance to shine. Then in middle school and high school, I doubt that Mia will get away with anything "questionable" with her Moral Compass around!
Here's looking forward to the next few drama-filled years living in a house of all girls! Poor Kev...

No comments:
Post a Comment