Friday, June 26, 2009

Mother of the Year...again


On Father's Day, we had Kevin's Dad and stepmom and sisters over for dinner.  Things were great, but Mia did something (I can't remember now) but it was one of those things where I could have easily over looked it, but to be consistent in discipline, I sent her to time out.  Well, I was in and out from the back deck helping with dinner and back inside visiting with family and after awhile I thought, "what is that sound?"...it sounded like soft crying.  Then it hit me...MIA!!!  I had completely forgotten about her in time out and it had been close to an hour!  I felt horrible and ran to her and she was still sitting on the bottom step by the front door and was crying saying, "you left me here for hours!".  She can't tell time yet, but little did she know that she was close to being right!  Poor thing...she did say she forgave me, so that's good.  I just couldn't believe she stayed in that one spot!  What a good girl.  

2 comments:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Greer!!! That's a great story. What a doll, she might be more passive than you realize (much like her Mother). Neither one of mine would have stood for such injustice (much like their Mother). ;)

The Hutchinson Family said...

Great one! I'm glad someone else is "mother of the year" like me! :)

statcounter

My Blog List