Friday, April 24, 2009

The concerns of a 4 year old...


It's interesting to hear the things that come from our little ones...
Miss C has been having some separation anxiety lately---nothing uncontrollable, but definitely just needing those extra 10-12 kisses and hugs when I am leaving her at school/church/with a sitter, etc...  Of course, M, doesn't even realize I have left the room---I'm the one chasing her asking for a goodbye hug and kiss thinking that she may be sad if I don't...yeah right!  Anyway, C has also been asking questions about Heaven (I think this all ties back to my Grandmother's death recently).  The conversation pretty much went like this:
C:  "Mommy, you're going to die before me, right?"
G:  "Of course, but that will be a long time from now"
C:  "And Daddy is going to die before you because he's older than you, right?"
G:  "Well, I'm not sure, but maybe...but that is also a long time from now too"
C:  "Will we live in houses in Heaven?"
G:  "I think so...do you want to live together?"
C:  "Yes, but will we be able to find each other?"
G:  "Don't you worry about that...I'll find you"
C:  "OK, so if there's a tree in Heaven, I'll meet you by the tree.  That's where I'll be"
G:  "Perfect...we'll meet by the tree"

One word...precious...

No comments:

statcounter

My Blog List