Thursday, April 16, 2009



Last night when K was grilling out, C came to him and asked if she could tell him something. C shared with Kevin that a little girl at school was not being nice to her...that C would come up to this little girl and try to talk to her or play with her and the little girl would say "bye!" and run away from C. I had to laugh because the 1st thing out of K's mouth was, "well, she is dumb!". Uh oh...I hope that doesn't get repeated at school :0)

Isn't it crazy how it takes just a second for our blood to boil when someone or something affects our little ones?!? Also, I am thinking, "Since when did Mean Girls begin at age 4?!?" Unbelievable...

You want to shelter your children from all negative feelings, but it's impossible to do. Our moms went through it with us (I have a feeling it started a bit later in our lives), and our daughters will go through it with their daughters too (by then, Mean Girls may start in the crib!).

I also have to admit that I was a little sad that she didn't share this with me first. Since I was pregnant, I prayed that my girls would be able to tell me anything and that I would be able to help them if needed with anything going on in their lives, no matter what age they are. When I asked C if she wanted to talk about how this girl was treating her at school, she said that it would be "telling on her"...maybe my No Tattling Rule (which pretty much is reserved for Sister M) needs to be revised?  I am so happy, though, that my girls and their Daddy are so close...

No comments:

statcounter

My Blog List