After Kevin worked at the rental house Saturday morning, he came home and we had a quick lunch and went to the neighborhood pool. It is amazing what a little peer pressure can do...after seeing their friend, Liz, jump off the diving board and swim to the ladder all by herself, Mia and Chloe are now able to do the same. Last weekend, they were jumping in, but with swimmies and someone had to be waiting under the board to help them get to the ladder, but this time (after they both almost drowned me a few times by holding on for dear life when they jumped in), I coaxed them to swim closer and closer to the ladder alone until they did it alone...YAY!
When little Quinnie had had just about all she could stand, we headed home and put her down for a nap while Kevin
took the older girlies to the pet supermarket to get some new fish and a "bubbler" for Kevin's new favorite thing, his rain barrel (he plans to use it to water his new veggie garden with "fertilized from fish poop" rain water...mmmm). We accidentally killed the other 2 fish that we had in the barrell...long story.
We then played on the new playset with the neighbor girls, Meredith and Genevieve, and then grilled out and had a fun family dinner on the screened porch and then put the baby to bed.
How much do I LOVE The Coffeehouse on XM??? That is our favorite music channel on DirecTV and on Kevin's Sirius Radio. So so so good... We have many dances to it...with each other (which Mia and Chloe LOVE---remember, kids marinate in their parents' love) and with our girlies.
Kevin and Mia boogying
Kevin also made a "fire pit" in the backyard and we made s'mores and read bedtime stories before bed outside. It was such a sweet time.
These are the times that I wish we could bottle up.
On the contrary, though, on Sunday, Kevin's back/leg/sciatica problem caused a little problem. We were all dressed and driving to church when he literally had to turn the car around to head home because the pain was so bad! It eased up a little, but we did schedule a massage for Kevin that afternoon at our gym. We took advantage of that by taking the kids to the gym's playcenter and we went out and had an hour vacay by the gym's outside pool. It was so nice~I seriously don't know the last time I sat in a lounge chair with a book and read by the pool! (I am reading Jodi Picoult's newest book, Handle With Care, and it is AMAZING! She's the best...) Then we got the older girls and let them swim for about a half hour before I headed home for the baby's nap and Kevin had his massage.
More pics to come...for some reason, I am having some trouble with IPhoto...

No comments:
Post a Comment