As visions of American Girls danced in her head...
We knew that Chloe wanted Julie Albright, so we went ahead and found her first and then it was time to figure out which doll Mia wanted. We looked and looked and read about each doll and where she was from and what time period and she finally settled on Elizabeth. She is Felicity's best friend and is from the 1700s. She is very "princessy"...totally Mia.
After we left the store, we went up to the food court and Mia and Chloe shared a milkshake to celebrate their new dolls. Mia had brought her purse with some change in it and had asked if she could have some gum if we saw one of those little bubblegum kiosks. She spotted one (of course) and so we headed over to it. As we are looking at all of the flavors, I notice that Mia is digging in her purse and I look down and see Elizabeth FACEDOWN ON THE MALL FLOOR! I tried not to freak out, but I think I may have just a little bit...obviously she has no idea that her Grammie and Nana just spent $100 on this doll and that it needs to be cared for more than the toy inside of a Happy Meal! Anyway, she jumped and picked it up and made sure that she was ok. She even apologized to her (the doll). Funny...
Chloe, on the other hand, would barely let me hold her doll as she waited on her milkshake~she had to be sure that I knew to hold her arms by her sides and hold her close to me as I walked back to the table.
"Nobody bought me anything and I'm still smiling"
Mom wanted to buy some clothes for them at the A.G. store, but my friend, Kellie, had informed me that Target carries doll clothes that also fit American Girl dolls. Much more economical. So, we made a trip to Target after we dropped off Grammie and we found a couple of outfits and a Slumber Party set for each doll. As we were trying to decide on the outfits, Quinnlan is leaning out of the shopping cart and reaching to the shelves. I looked at what she was so interested in and it was this little small baby doll that was only $2.99. She was in LOVE. I had tears in my eyes, it was so precious. She was hugging it and saying "awwww". The cashier had to use the "gun" scanner to ring it up because there was no way she was letting go.
She calls it Dada. :)
Needless to say, they have SO enjoyed their new dolls. Mia loves to find clothes around the house so she can be dressed like Elizabeth. Her Sleeping Beauty dress semi-matches the dress Elizabeth came in and Mia has a slip that she wears to bed like Elizabeth wears her slip to bed. Chloe pretty much just takes Julie with her all around the house and is VERY careful with her.
A couple of mornings ago, as I was still dead asleep, I woke up to Chloe asking me to tie Julie's leather braided belt around her waist. REALLY? I was still dreaming...no, let me have a cup of coffee before asking me to play dress up with the new dolls.
Also, Mia came into bed with me yesterday morning while Chloe was still sleeping and I hear Chloe wake up and here is how it went:
Chloe: MIA!
(silence)
Chloe: MIA!
(I looked at Mia who was wide awake and told her to answer her sister)
Mia: What.
Chloe: Did you brush Julie's hair?
Mia: No
Chloe: Tell me the truth. Did you brush Julie's hair?
Mia: No, I didn't
Chloe: OK, well, if you decide you want to be honest, you can come and tell me the truth later.
Mia: I didn't do it. For real.
Chloe: You can tell me the truth later then.
She is my Mother Hen...nobody messes with Julie Albright.

1 comment:
I laughed out loud at your caption under Quinnie's photo!! Bodie knows exactly how she feels... won't they make a cute pair one day?!
I love your American Girls!
Bek
Post a Comment