Thursday, July 16, 2009

Puppy Love

Mia and Chloe had VBS this week across the street and it was a lot of fun seeing all of their preschool friends there. Chloe was very excited to see her little friend, Spencer. I have mentioned Mr. Spencer on here before (the boy that said he saw Chloe's underpants and made her never want to wear a dress or skirt without shorts underneath again). We call him her little bug-hunting buddy because that is their big thing they love to do together. When I dropped them off, he was calling her name, "Hi Chloe, Hi Mia, Chloe come sit here!" (as he is patting the seat next to him) as we walked up the aisle to their pew in the sanctuary. She just blushed and smiled and slid into the seat next to him. She almost forgot to kiss me goodbye...almost.

When I picked them up afterwards, they came outside and they were inseparable~it was so precious. I think I actually saw cartoon hearts floating above their heads as they walked outside to the playground!

As I thought about them, I travelled back in time in my mind about 29 or so years ago when I first started going to Rehoboth. I remember my first day in Sunday School and the kids were all sitting in these little chairs in a semi-circle facing the teacher and I didn't know anyone. Then this little boy named Adam waved me over to sit next to him by patting the empty chair (on the "boys" side of the semi-circle) and I went over and sat there and I think I sat next to Adam every Sunday for a few years (on the boys side of the room)! Looking back, it is so sweet and Adam is still one of my oldest friends...I love reading his wife's blog and catching up on them through that---they just had baby #2 (a girl this time!).

We were supposed to have Spencer over for a playdate today after VBS, but Chloe started running a high fever last night and all day today, so she missed VBS and the playdate has been postponed. When we went to pick up Mia, Spencer's dad had just broken the news to him and he was crying when we saw him. I gave him a big hug and he told Chloe that he was going to buy her a present in Tybee Island this weekend since she is sick and give it to her when they play next week. So sweet...

Spencer's dad told me the funniest thing...he said that Spencer had come to him after the first day of VBS and said, "Dad, I just don't know what to do, I guess I'll just have to marry them both." Good thing it isn't too much of a dilemma because Mia is definitely more into being Barbie Island Princess than being a bug-hunter! I think Chloe has this one in the bag...

Ahhh...puppy love...

Spencer is the one on the right in the blue shirt and camo shorts...Chloe is in the middle with the pink sash and Mia is 2 over to the left.


1 comment:

Rebekah said...

Oh my gosh!!! I love it! Chloe breaking hearts just like momma did so many years ago! Good thing Kev took you off the market, you may have left many more swooning boys in your wake!

Chloe and Mia (and Quinnie) are so gorgeous, how could anyone resist?

I love you to pieces, Greer, and your beauties, too!

bek

statcounter

My Blog List