When Mia came home from school yesterday wearing her "emergency" shorts under her dress, I asked her why and she said the teacher had asked her to put them on. I asked her teacher about it today and she said that Mia kept pulling her dress up in class. Oops...I guess she'll learn modesty somehow! I seriously think that she has no concept of that kind of thing...like my grandmother says, "She'd be a nudist if we let her!"
Then today at pick-up, her teacher PULLS ME ASIDE and tells me that Mia was jumping in circle time when she had told them that jumping and skipping were only for outside time and not for inside time. She had to put Mia in time out at a table by herself for a couple of minutes and that she just cried and cried about it. I could tell the teacher was a little shocked by her reaction to getting in trouble. Mia is normally super-confident, but she is also super-sensitive.
Being a former teacher, I have let my girls know that I don't have a lot of patience with misbehaving in school. So, 2 days in a row something has happened to Mia??? We had a talk about it when we got in the car and hopefully it won't happen again. If it does...well, let's hope it doesn't, right?
Then there is the food issue...
Mia and Chloe are on the "Pre-K diet"...their school provides breakfast, lunch and a snack each day for $20 per week per child. Sounds good enough...$4 per day...not too bad. But, my girls are pretty picky eaters. So, they have come home from school practically starving (OK, I may exaggerating just a bit) everyday. I want to pack them a sack lunch, but I feel like I may be ruffling feathers if I do because I have already spoken with the director a couple of times this past spring and summer about my food issues (1. I am not a fan of school food anyway; 2. My kids don't eat red meat---which rules out burgers, sloppy joes, spaghetti and meat sauce, etc and rarely eat any other meats except chicken nuggets; 3. They don't drink "cow" milk, as they put it, and so they bring their own cups of soy/rice milk). I feel like my girls' files may have a big star on them for "difficult mom". I'm not trying to be difficult, but I did weigh them this afternoon to see if they are going to be losing weight because of all of this. Well, as of now, we are at 34 (Chloe) and 35 (Mia) pounds...we'll see where they are in about a week.

No comments:
Post a Comment