Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Party Time!

We held a triple birthday party here this weekend and it was so much fun! We celebrated Mia and Chloe's 5th birthday and Quinnlan's 1st birthday. Ariel came to play (along with 27 kids---yikes!) and we all had a great time. Ariel was AMAZING! Once she arrived, she basically took over and kept the children occupied with face painting, tattoos, magic tricks, dancing, storytelling, and balloon animals. That, along with the playset, was enough to keep everyone happy for the 2 hours of festivities. The week leading up to the party was crazy, as usual, but my mom was incredible (we nicknamed her house Birthday Headquarters because I was there everyday last week). I don't know why I feel the need to tackle household projects on top of planning for a party the week prior to the event. But, I have wanted to replace the window treatments in our breakfast area , family room and dining room for awhile now and what better time than when you are in a party pressure cooker? (smile)

So, my most creative mom and I went to the craft store and found some fabric and trim I liked and some foam board. Add these and leftover batting from when my mom made Mia and Chloe and Quinnlan's crib bumpers and a glue gun, and you get:

breakfast area

dining room

For the family room, I wanted long curtain panels, and we had planned on just sewing hems on lengths of fabric, but I ran into Pier One and they had these for half-price! Yahoo! Done...


At the beginning of last week, I was still waiting for the Birthday Tutu that I had ordered Quinn to arrive. So, I went on etsy.com and emailed the seller to ask how it was coming and when it was shipped.

No reply...

OK...

Then Tuesday morning, I woke up with a funny feeling about the tutu. Did I order it correctly? I know the seller and I had been emailing back and forth in the beginning of August about what colors would be best to match the cupcake tank top I planned on her wearing. I ran to my computer and went to My Purchases on etsy and it only showed the little cupcake tank top I had ordered her...NO TUTU!

I HAD NEVER ACTUALLY PURCHASED IT AND WE HAD 4 DAYS TILL THE PARTY!

Panic set in and I called my mom (remember, she is very creative) and she says, "Why don't we just make her tutu?" Well, I never thought of that, but it looks like our only option at this point. So, we go and buy a couple of rolls of pink tulle and ribbon to match the tank top (and some elastic) and voila! A tutu!


We may need to start a tutu biz---anyone need a tutu for their little girls??? I am so proud :)

We also made the little flower headband...gotta love a glue gun!

Here are some pics from the party:

In all her tutu glory :)

Thank you, Mandy, for monogramming these bloomers!

Ariel dancing with all the princesses (Mia and Chloe are in the middle)---the boys were having nothing to do with this "girly" stuff!

Princess Chloe

Princess Mia

My Baby Birthday Girl

Magic Tricks

3 Ariels

cupcakes!

Bring on the cupcake!

Cupcake Coma

Happy Birthday to Chloe!

Happy Birthday to Mia!

2 comments:

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

Greer!!! You are a party planning diva, for sure!! High fives!!!
I knew the window treatments were new and different - great job!!!
And, Mrs. Quinn and her sweet headband and tutu!!! Be still my heart!!!
So glad my girls could celebrate your sweet girl's bday!
xoxo!!

Rebekah said...

Greer,

What a BASH!!!! Wow! I am so glad to see pictures!

your
House.
Looks.
AWESOME!

I love it! Quinn looks like a baby model and Chloe and Mia have that little birthday glow- gorgeous! What pretty daughters you have!

I wish I could have been there, thank you for having Jack!

Love you!
Bek

statcounter

My Blog List