Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Last few days of summer...

My girls and I headed to the beach with my parents for this last week of summer. We usually go to Amelia every summer, but this summer my parents decided to try somewhere new...Cinnamon Beach. Ever heard of it? Me neither...but it is beautiful! It is in Palm Coast, Florida and should have taken us about 6 1/2 hours, but after 2 meals at Cracker Barrel, some horrible rain storms that made us slow to around 40mph, and a walk around the GOasis Truck stop to stretch little legs and let Quinnie get out of her car seat, it actually took us 10 hours!!! I guess that's traveling with kids and a baby...
We miss Kevin being here, but Mia and Chloe are loving having our nightly slumber party...we are all in one king size bed with Quinnlan in our room in our pack n play. She has been waking up before 7am every morning. If we were at home, I would put her back to bed with her paci, but with us all in the same room, she is not "buying it".
The kids have had a blast at the pool. They have the graduated entrance, which is awesome for baby and big girls. There is also a water playground which they have enjoyed.

The funniest thing about this place is that the beach really looks like cinnamon! It is the craziest thing! I guess that's where "they" got the name :)

More posts and pics to come as the week unfolds...

Oh, and tomorrow begins Birthday Week for Mia and Chloe! (I'll fill in more about that later...)

1 comment:

Jill Hill said...

Your photography skills are out of this world! Of course, it helps when your subjects are breathtakingly beautiful..good grief!

Have fun at the beach...blow her a kiss from me! ;)

Jill

statcounter

My Blog List