Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 2




















Reason #2:  K is the most amazing Father to our 3 girls

I grew up having an incredible father.  He has always been loving, kind, patient, and just all-around GREAT!  I knew that the man I chose to marry would have big shoes to fill with the expectations I had for the father of my children.  Let me say without any hesitation that K has surpassed all of those expectations and then some!  From the time we had our twins, he has ALWAYS been hands-on (with 2 babies at one time, I guess he really didn't have a choice, but I know he would have been the same even if we'd had just one baby to begin with).  I love to hear the squeals of laughter as they wrestle and play after supper.  I love how Q lights up when her Daddy walks into the room.  I also love that we are on the same page discipline-wise...we have always let our children know that we are a united front.  I love to see our girls' big giant grins when K hugs and kisses me or when he tells them how much he loves me.  In the movie, "My Life," Michael Keaton plays a man that is dying of cancer and he makes a video of all the things he wants his unborn child to know about him when he is no longer living.  In one part of the video, he interviews a childhood friend and asks her something along the lines of, "how do you make sure your kids grow up well?"  and she answers, "Just marinate them in love" and I feel like that is something that K makes sure that we do.  

No comments:

statcounter

My Blog List