Mia
Chloe
I also cannot believe it is May and Precious Quinnlan is almost 9 months old! Today she had me laughing out loud as she tried to mimic me saying "Uh-Oh." She started saying "Mama" last week and has been saying "Dada" for a couple of months now (of course!). And is on the move with her army crawl. She hasn't quite figured out that she can move faster and farther if she will pull her knees up under her and get up on all fours! I am in no rush for that...I like that I can put her down and she isn't going to be out of the room before I can look around---that was the stage where I was cross-eyed with Mia and Chloe!
Where has this year gone? I guess it is kind of a blur because of the new baby and new routines, etc...
Last night I was almost in tears as I watched Kevin helping Mia ride her big girl bike on the street for the 1st time. Chloe wasn't in on the action because she had a complete temper tantrum as Kevin was trying to fix her bike's training wheels. Long story short, she fell apart and was sent to her room. Anyway, she had her day in the sun today as she got her chance to show her stuff.
Mia---first timer!
Chloe---next day
My girls received their big girl bikes from Nana and Granddaddy at Christmas, but when the little elves put them together (me and my mom) the handle bars were on backwards on one bike and the training wheels didn't touch the ground evenly on either bike...we tried, Mom, didn't we? They sure looked good on Christmas morning, though! Then for the past few months, they didn't show any interest in riding them, even though they had said that they LOVED them. They just felt more confident and comfortable on their little big wheel type bikes that they had been riding for about a year and a half.
Well, their class at school is having bike day tomorrow and the pressure has been ON to get them ready for that with their big girl bikes. I am so proud of how well they learned the difference in pedaling down on the pedals rather than pedaling out front like on the big wheel! Way to go girlies!

No comments:
Post a Comment