Well, our anniversary was incredible. We went to Barnesley Gardens in NW Georgia for the weekend and had a wonderful time...this resort is perfect~ There are a bunch of cottages that are quaint and beautiful, and there are 2 great restaurants. We arrived around 6pm on Friday and had time to relax and give each other anniversary gifts before dinner. K gave me a gorgeous emerald eternity band to wear with my wedding set because May's birthstone is emerald...awesome. With the help of my incredible friends from small group, I gave him a DVD of pictures and video set to music from the past 13 years since we met. It turned out so well and I can't thank the Hickey's enough for all of their help with this crazy project! He loved it and so do I! The funniest part of the weekend was when I got up from the table at the restaurant the first night (our anniversary) and went to move my chair back to stand, I leaned over the table a bit and the candle caught my hair on fire!!! No, I am not kidding....and yes, this would ONLY happen to me! After I screamed and "put myself out" (thankfully, no stop-drop-and-roll needed) and after the entire restaurant started asking, "what's that smell?" or "do you smell something burning?" and after (Thank the Lord) realizing that I still had all of my hair, we laughed uncontrollably. Oh well...nothing like enjoying a little molten lava chocolate cake for dessert along with the stinch of burnt hair!
Things could only look up from there, right?
Saturday was the best...went for a canoe ride, went for a run, checked out the Barnesley ruins, listened to some live music (in the rain) at the BierGarten, took an hour long bath and read a book, watched a movie, enjoyed another amazing meal (no fires this time)...a perfect day with my main squeeze.
Sunday, we ate breakfast/brunch and packed up and made our way back to the big city. We arrived back to the house around 3:00 and Miss Q woke up from her afternoon nap when she heard us come in the door. I went up to see her and she had a red rash from head to toe. Yikes...nothing like easing myself back into "reality". I called Children's Healthcare and they asked me a million questions and decided that I could wait until today to take her the dr. if she till had the rash. So, this morning, C wakes up with a 103.1 fever and Q still has the rash, so I sent M to school and took my other 2 girls to the dr. Poor little Q has Strep Throat (again...she just finished her antibiotics last week from the last time she had it) and with the rash it is Scarlet Fever. C has a red ear and a red throat and because she completely freaks about the throat culture and the medicine for the ear infection would be the same as the medicine for strep anyway, she went ahead and gave me the Rx for her too. She asked me to bring M in tomorrow morning to run a throat culture on her since she has been exposed to her sisters.
What a day...What a Welcome Home~

No comments:
Post a Comment