Saturday, May 23, 2009

The sweetest compliment

We received a KidzBop CD in a Happy Meal a couple of weeks ago and so I get the "opportunity" to listen to the same 5 songs over and over whenever we drive anywhere. It was great at first because the songs are catchy, but at this point, I am pretty sick of "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" and "FunkyTown" among others. Well, Chloe's new favorite song is "Hey There, Delilah" and this morning she was singing it as we were getting dressed and she asked me what the lyrics were. I told her the words to the song including:

"Hey there, Delilah, what's it like in New York City, I'm a thousand miles away but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do, Times Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true"

Then she asked me, "What is Times Square?" and I explained to her about the bright lights of Times Square. Then she completely stopped me in my mid-morning tracks when she said,

"Mommy, I don't think Times Square could shine as bright as you."

I immediately felt my heart swell and spill over with love for this sweet child of mine.

1 comment:

Jill Hill said...

GREER!!! I am in love with sweet Chloe!!!! Oh my goodness...you are raising an absolute angel. Really.

loving your blog,

Jill

statcounter

My Blog List