Sunday, May 17, 2009

Is this really my daughter?!?


We had such a great time tonight with our small group. We had planned on having a picnic at Stone Mountain, but because of this nasty weather, we decided to just have everyone over here and it was awesome! We got to talking and my friend, Jennifer, was telling a story about Mia and I couldn't help but think that thought, "Is she really my daughter?!?"
Yes, not only is Mia my daughter, she is the twin that looks the most like me as a child! OK, where am I going with this? For those of you that know me well, you know that I get grossed out pretty easily. Case(s) in point: (a) I have been a vegan (except for fish and the occasional ice cream or mexican queso dip that I can't resist) for 5 years now because I got grossed out by reading a book about meat and dairy (among other things) and how they affect our bodies. (b) I cannot walk on wet floors without freaking out (this includes wet bathmats...yuck!). I could go on and on, but I am getting grossed out just thinking about these things.

Since this is a journal for me to remember the things that happen in our everyday lives, here is one such event that makes me want to hurl as well as die laughing...

We were at McDonald's a couple of weeks ago with Jennifer and her 2 daughters and I was nursing Quinn and of course, that is the time when Mia comes to me and says she has to go to the potty. So, Jen, being a sweet friend with her own 1 year old on her hip offers to take Mia to the bathroom. Then here comes Chloe and her daughter Megan saying they need to "go" too. Great...this should be interesting, but Jennifer seems up for the challenge... When she finally comes back out she looks so frazzled and is cracking up. She proceeds to tell me about what has just happened.

(If you are like me and get grossed out easily, you may not want to read this next part...fair warning~)

The large stall is being cleaned so Jennifer is letting them go one by one in the single stall. Chloe and Megan go to the potty first and then Jen covers the toilet with toilet paper and Mia says she has to go poop. Great... Then she strips off her skirt and panties and drops them on the floor (sick), hops up on the toilet and scoots her little bum all the way back to the back of the potty (sick) and has knocked the majority of the toilet paper on the floor and is holding onto the seat (sick). Jennifer opens the door a bit and Mia has decided to wipe herself from BACK TO FRONT!!!! One of our biggest no-nos! Oh man, I may need a minute...
OK...so Jennifer is saying, "Mia, not back to front! Front to back! Drop the toilet paper, drop the toilet paper!" and Mia, I guess, is startled and goes to drop it on the floor! Oh my word... Jennifer then goes to help wipe her (thank you, friend) and Mia is dipping her little hiney into the toilet...please, Lord, don't let the Mickey D's toilet water have touched my precious girl's bottom...I could just die. So, now that Mia is "all clean" (it's all relative), she goes to put her panties and skirt back on and sits her bare bum on the bathroom floor to put her clothes back on!!! OK, I'm done...deep breath...it's all over...

Needless to say, we had to have a very important talk when we got in the car. I wanted to hose her down in antibacterial gel.

So, I am shocked that she has no sense of grossness (I think I just made up that word) especially with me as her mother and all of the similar talks we have had over the past 4 years! Also, Jennifer, thank you for being such a good friend and not leaving her high and dry and running for the hills like I'm sure you wanted to do!

3 comments:

Danielle said...

I would have died...oh my!! :)

Mary Hudgins Balicki said...

That's great, Greer. Let's tell this story at her rehearsal dinner. ;)
Love you!!
me

Jill Hill said...

Greer, your family is
BEAUTIFUL!!! My goodness, where does the time go??

Your blog is precious. I am so happy to have another way to connect with you and keep up with your sweet little family. :)

your bloggin' bud,

Jill

statcounter

My Blog List